AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I seriously want to scream!!!

So my ex is african american, and our baby is mixed. I have a protection order but he is allowed to visit his son. We got into an argument and his reasoning for beating me was "because I'm black and that's what black men do."
I couldn't believe he said that!!! My baby is half black and I will make sure he would never beats a woman. On top of that my SO is black and he WOULD NEVER hit me. I can't believe he would try to degrade his own culture like that!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe you should take away his vistation right or contest for sole custody, and tell him "because I am white and that's what white bxiches do."
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OMG!!!!! Honey IM black and my daddy is black and my husband is black...THAT IS NOT WHAT BLACK MEN DO....Wow I don't even know what to say! That is freaking insanity and it gives black people a bad name....I HATE when people make that kind of excuse for thier behavior, that's bullshit!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• To bad you dont have a gun! Then you could shoot him the next time he beat you and tell him as he's dying I shot your ignorant ass cause thats what we bitches do when we get beat by a man! So many black men claim its culture for the way they act and it's total BS!!! You dont see white men beating blacks up claiming it's our culture because of slavery do you? NO! Whites got past it! Why cant blacks? Because they have to have something to give them an excuse for why they want to act like assholes and animals!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It's not his culture that beats women, it's the man. He's a bad man. He degraded himself but men like him always blame someone or something else for their bad behavior. If there is an OP against him then why is he talking to you anyway? Have your SO hand the child over to him for visitation
    Anonymous

• People like him give MEN a bad name. Him throwing his color into it is a sure sign of ignorance! Please make sur eyou are always in a safety area when you have to meet for the child sake. Stay public - have someone near - have your phone in hand!
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'm just glad he's an ex. That's not what AA men do. My DH would never raise his hand to me or any other woman. His voice maybe but even then you have to really, really piss him off. And it takes a lot to even get to that point. He'd rather shut down and gather his thoughts by himself first. And when we both had time to calm down, we can have a discussion. Good luck.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No not because he's black , because he's a sorry ASS little boy!!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:50 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• omg! i dont even know what to say....

maybe your SO should show him what black men can do!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• He is a jerk, his hitting you is a CHOICE, he is just a abuser that's all it is to it....you really don't ever need to get back with him no matter what he says....What a stero type....I am african american and I have 4 brothers and not one of them has ever hit their wives...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Send him to jail. You and your child will be better off, along with the rest of us!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011