Breakfast Ideas?

I need some ideas/recipes for breakfast for our family. We are a family of 5 (6 during the summer).I know the usual pancakes, eggs, oatmeal, and cereal (all with fruit)... Any other ideas? Our kids have BIG appetites, so anything filling is good.

laird6372

Asked by laird6372 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can make a scrambled egg bake, or a fritata with potatoes meat eggs and whatever you like. There's omelette's, French toast. Egg sandwiches with cheese and or meat. Check out All-recipe.com for recipes
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:40 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Overnight baked french toast. I don't have an exact recipe, I just eyeball it every time, but basically, get a loaf of day-old or marked down french bread. Cut into thick slices - about an inch. Grease a 9x13 pan and lay the bread slices in. In a bowl, mix anywhere from 6-12 eggs and some milk, add a little vanilla & some cinnamon, and pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight (make it right before going to bed). In the morning, set it out while the oven preheats, then bake til done/eggs are set. Serve with fresh fruit.

Again, no exact recipe, but shreddd hashbrowns + cooked meat (ham, bacon, sausage) + eggs + chopped veggies if you like - mix, dump in a greased 9x13, bake til done. Or, similarly, cook cubed potatoes or hashbrowns in a pan. Add cooked meat & veggies, add whisked eggs, and scramble the whole works together. Top either dish with cheese if you like.
    Anonymous

• i make my own version of those pancake with the sausage on the stick things that you can get at walmart cuz it's cheaper to buy the ingrdients i also am a family of six make the pacakes w/orw/o fruit right before they are done (use the sauasge that is microwaveable) stick in on the stick wrap the pancake around it will stick when you press then put it back on the griddle to finish the pancake and heat up the sausage very filling my kids can only eat two my kids favorite is blueberry pancakes with the sausage!!! i hope this helps!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Thanks ladies!! These are great ideas~!!!
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• How about an egg bake?
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My kids favorite is french toast! with powdered sugar on top.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 11:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Bagel with egg/ham/cheese sandwich.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• My kids want the same thing every day.Toasted English muffin with a sausage patty and cheese. Also good with bagel, sometimes we add an egg

Aldi sells the frozen already cooked sausage patties, they are pretty good and you get several for under $4 here in ks anyhow

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks ladies!!!
    laird6372

Comment by laird6372 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• omlettes. they can add whatever ingrediants they want
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2011