How To keep a 6 yr old occupied at a funeral....

We have to go to a funeral tomorrow and take our 6 yr old son with...what are ways to keep him quiet and not complaining he is bored? Because of the time there is no way to get a sitter and he has to go with us...

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 10:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• no offense meant, i mean i don't know your son, but i vividly remember my first funeral for my 18m old cousin. i was 5yo and boredom wasn't an issue for me. i remember it being very solemn. i think he's old enough that you might try to explain to him what's going on so that he knows what to expect and what's expected of him. i can't imagine that anyone in grief will find it cute to see a 6yo with his nose stuck in a portable dvd player. he's not a baby anymore, he can show proper respect.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Portable DVD player (with headphones), any hand-held video game (with headphones). Books, coloring books, cars, Legos...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Coloring books, generally just a quiet activity and probly like some cheerios or cheese for a snack.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:30 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• i know my 5 year old would not be quiet if he had to go to a funeral when i have to go a office whether it be to pay rent or when i was trying to buy a house and i was at the realtor office he was all over the place i would recommend a portable dvd player with head phones or a nintendo ds.my son has a ds and it keeps him occupied for hours or until the battery dies.
    jtaylor03

Answer by jtaylor03 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2011