This is super gross! adult content

So, I just got off of my period and have this decay smell coming out of my vagina. Is this normal? Can I just douche or should I call my doctor?

No discharge...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Don't douche because it will kill the good bacteria. Try cleaning the area with Summer's Eve, instead.
    Anonymous

• don't douche!! Your body naturally cleans itself. If you douche you could get a yeast infection. Call your doctor
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• One douche will NOT give you a yeast infection.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:20 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• If any "dead" smell or really any abnormal vagina smell is going on, you need to make sure you see a doctor.

Douching can throw off the fragile pH of your vagina, it's self-cleaning, no need to shove something up in it and introduce harsh chemicals or bacteria to it.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Could it be dry blood? Take a shower. Don't douche. Give it a couple of days. If the smell persists, make an appointment with your doctor
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Wow I had no idea douching was so bad!!!!...I douched all the time before I got pregnant...anyways...I would probably call the Dr
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• You probably have a case of Vaginoses / Vaginitis. It's just a bacterial infection but it smells pretty bad. Go to the doc. They'll give you either Flagyl pills or MetroGel- both will clear it right up. I used to get them frequently, mostly around my period but luckily I haven't gotten them in a while. The docs swore that SO couldn't get it and I kept getting it, month after month for like a year. It was awful. Finally I gave him my pills, called my doc and asked for the gel instead and I didn't get it again.
    KotaBaby

Answer by KotaBaby at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• if it doesn't go away in a day or two, call your doctor just to be safe!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• This may sound dumb, but could you possibly have forgotten a tampon? That happened to a friend of mine years ago, and she freaked about the odor, though she had some terrible disease. She went to the doc, and he found it and removed it. Embarrassing, but simple.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You probally have BV go to the doctor.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011