How do you wake your kids up in the morning?

I normally wake up my kids with a movie or cartoon. I would like to stop doing that. So what do you do? Any suggestions?

liz.1986

Asked by liz.1986 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I tell them it's time to get up - different phrases, but essentially the same thing. Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey - rise and shine, valentine. Total cheese but they get up.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I don't yet have to wake DD up...she wakes me up. But during those few times that I do have to, it's usually just me rubbing her back softly telling her that she needs to wake up.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:34 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I put our yorkie on my sons bed and he has to get up just to get away from her " kisses"
    also taking away the bedding and pillow works good to along with "public radio" blasting away
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I rarely have to wake my kids up. They are up by 7am every morning on their own (sometimes much earlier) and without an alarm clock. They get themselves ready for school. I don't even have to get up. Every morning I've forgotten my alarm to get up they have gotten themselves to the bus without any problems.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I just open their bedroom doors and flip off their fans. Usually that's enough to rouse them. Then they get up and eat breakfast while I make their lunches.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My oldest is now 11 and he sets his own alarm to get up.
    But when he was that age, I would go in his room, sit next to him on his bed and rub his back and say its time to get up buddy.And he'd get up.
    If we were having a particulary rough morning and he wouldnt get up for me, I would tickle him awake..that always worked,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• With my kids 5 and 6, I jump on there beds and holler wake up, then I snatch their pilows and blankets and run out of the room. That always works. lol
    mray684

Answer by mray684 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I pre-wake by turning on a small lamp or opening the blinds a bit. He gets up about 10-15 minutes after that "cue".
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• He usually wakes me up. :)
    quietsmilie

Answer by quietsmilie at 5:01 PM on Apr. 17, 2011

• I give him a kiss and whisper it's time to wake up. Then I gently rub his back. Jericho is like his mommy if you wake him up hard or loud he is a bear all day. If you are quiet and gentle he is sweet as can be.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 18, 2011