How to get rid of the fluid in my ears?

I have a sinus thing going on right now. I can feel the fluid and pressure in my ears, but they're not infected. Is there a home rememdy for reducing this fluid? I'm hoping to avoid an ear infection if possible!!

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 11:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Health

• Last time I had that problem, the doc told me to take sinus meds. I can't remember which. Sudafed, I think. What are you taking for the sinus issue?
    KotaBaby

Answer by KotaBaby at 11:45 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Some pharmacies sell Swimmers Ear which is made to remove fluid from your ears. I love it and it is what I turn to when I have a sinus infection. Your can make things at home mixing alcohol and peroxide but I don't know the ratios. Hope you feel better soon.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I was taking allergy meds, because initially I thought my allergies were kicking in for spring. Tthey aren't working so I think it's safe to assume it's a cold instead. I haven't taken anything for cold/sinus yet...haven't been back to the store. I have to find something that won't make me feel higher than a kite, lol.
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• This is a tried and true method given to me by a nurse friend. Take a Q-tip and dip it into some regular rubbing alcohol and swab your ear canal with it without going in too deep. As the alcohol naturally evaporates, it takes the fluid out, too! You can probably do this 2-3 times a day max if you have a lot of fluid but I recommend playing it "by ear" and giving it some time after each swab to see if it improves. This has always worked for me.

hugs

----------------

If you think this answer is good, don't forget to "best answer."

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011