DOES THIS REALLY MAKE YOU MAD ? THEY REALLY WANT TO SHOVE THIS STUFF DOWN OUR CHILDRENS THROAT.

CA Senate Passes Bill Mandating Gay History in Public Schools

What the heck is going on ?? Include gay history wtf !!, this state is already scoring low state  scores for students, these idiots should concentrate on helping students become better not help them become more confused. Crap, my  hard earned money  going for this?!! The people need to  vote on this , not  23 idiots !!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ca-senate-passes-bill-mandating-gay-history-in-public-schools/

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 445-2841 -------call and make our voices heard !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I want my children to learn all civil history. If it includes gay history, so be it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• It leaves it up to local school districts to decide what to include in the lessons and at what grade students would receive them.

Above from the link....

Considering that it mentions nothing of what will actually be taught I think its a little early for you to be getting to be upset.  Lets say they teach about gays that have been killed for being gay or ones that have killed themselves for being found out.  About the fight for gay marriage.

Where exactly is the harm in those subjects?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Gay history is part of our history, especially in California. People said blacks shouldn't have rights either, because they weren't viewed as human. Things change and evolve, and people are people. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state. You can practice your ignorance in your own home, but I'd rather my kids learn the truth about Harvey Milk and Matthew Shepperd and the gay CIVIL RIGHTS movements. I'm thrilled to see them teaching that in public school! Tolerance is supposed to be Christian, too, as is loving all of God's children. If God doesn't make mistakes, then why are some people gay? They're not hurting anyone. What happens if your child is gay? I just wonder. Praying the gay away will only go so far, as will your Bible verses.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• By the way, thanks for the address and phone number. Although I'm out of state, I'll be sure to send a note to let your Governor know that I approve of this bill and wish my state had something similar!
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 12:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Am I the only one thinking that if the Bible actually was correct, the OP is among those who would wake up one day shocked as hell to find out they ended up breathing sulfur for eternity?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh grow up.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:39 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Sooooo....are you homophobic OP??? Anon? You think your kids will never learn about gays if they do not have this class? They will, you know......
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:44 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Um, no. It falls under civil rights. Maybe you should go back to school yourself and study up a bit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• OMG...its another rabid Bible-thumper. Yikes!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Exactly what does what the bible has to say and your take on what the bible says have to do with something being taught in public schools?

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2011