What is some good ways to correct bad behavior in my pre-k 4 year old at school?

My 4 year old is at school in pre-k He runs away from teachers , hits other students and spits and hits the teachers. Any ideas on things that might work with him? We have tried taking things away but he is still not listening.

Harlymae

Asked by Harlymae at 7:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would sit down and talk about this with the teacher, both of you need to have a game plan to the actions that are going to be taken at home and at school. At my daughters' preschool, they have time outs and if the child still misbehaves, he/she can be taken out of an activitiy for the day. I am on the parent board for our preschool, so we have worked together with a family that has had behavior problems and this way seems to be working for us. I think the most important thing is for the parent and teacher to be on the same page! Good Luck!
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 8:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008