Tiny ants in the carpet... how to get rid of them?

Any ideas on how to get rid of these tiny ants in my livingroom carpet? I don't like being down on the carpet or having my kids on it with them in here!

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Walk around the outside of the house and look for an entry point. You can put baits out there too. Again, keep them out ot reach of little ones and pets.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ant baits. Put them where the ants are coming in, but keep them from where your kids or pets can get to them. It only took one bait for us, and we haven't had the ants since.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• I'll try that, thanks :)
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You can also spray around your property and make sure the seals are good around windows and doors.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• find out where they're coming from and start there
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• I agree, you need to find out how they are getting in. I am told that if you put down a line of cayenne pepper down where they are getting in, they will not cross it. You could also spray for ant around the outside of your house. You have to spray the base of the house and all the way around the outside. If you have pets be sure to read what you need to do for them so they do not get sick. Good luck to you, I hope you find something to get rid of them. I know how awful they can be.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• yes, ant bait, and just vacuum as well.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:31 AM on Apr. 18, 2011

• I have two small kids and we eat in the living room (my daughter fidgets and won't eat at the table) so we vacuum almost every day. I am almost positive they are coming it at the front door, there's a gap under it where the insulation has come off. I'll get that fixed :) thanks guys!
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Apr. 18, 2011