Does size really matter???

Ok so I went to zales to get my engagement ring cleaned. I was waiting to be help and I saw my ring and it was in the promise ring section. I was shocked that he only paid not even 400.00 for my ring. I can't trade it for another ring due to the fact that my ring is a promise ring and not a engagement ring should I be upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope. I wouldnt be..It's the love that matters..Now if he's way loaded and has the money maybe thats another story lol.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• Shoot my ring is 1/4 Karat and cost about 250 dollars. I LOVE it. he picked it out and got what we could afford. It's the thought and gesture not the size IMO
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:59 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• No, size does not matter and I would not be upset at all. He probably didn't even know it was a "promise ring" and, if he did, he probably didn't even know the difference.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope not one bit. Its not all about flashing a big diamond (which I find tacky anyway). I like something that is simple & elegent if its too big I find it disgusting honestly, thats my thought on it. But no you shouldnt be upset at him just as the others have said.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No way! HE declared he loves you by wanting to be engaged to you. Who cares what kind of ring it is classified as? Really, those classifications are to help people get ideas when they are just looking. So, do not be discouraged by the price of it...be glad to have your man. That is what its all about :)
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 12:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my hubby and i have been married for 15 years and we dont wear wedding rings...the first ring he ever bought me turned my finger green...lol poor guy so he bought me a new car instead...best wishes dont worry
    janomoma

Answer by janomoma at 3:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I think it depends on how much money he has, if he's proper rolling in it then yes I would be upset, but it's the meaning of the ring than matters. 400.00 is ALOT of money to me! I'd be happy with that!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• LoL, my engagement ring cost under $200 but I picked it out and I am happy with it.. The size of the rock doesn't matter, it's the heart that gave it to you that matters!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I definitely understand your initial disturbance. We all want our bragging rights! When you brag to your friends and family the love you share is the point. The ring is just a symbol. Wear it with pride if that's all he could afford than he spent his last dime to tell the world he loves you forever and allways!
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No. If you love your ring thats all that matters. They are 400 now but maybe he paid more when he got it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2011