How do I make it up?

My 4 yr old daughter has been in gymnastics for a year and LOVES it. It has become very important to her, and now I have to tell her that she can't go anymore. I have lost almost everything, short of my car, which is about to go too. I don't want a business with a start up, and the surveys don't work, I've tried cashcrate and others continuesly and everything gets kicked back out. PLEASE the disappointment in my little angels eyes is killing me!!!!

Does anyone know of anything????

ketha04

Asked by ketha04 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Money & Work

• I wish I had an answer for you. Or one that you have not heard before, but I don't. All I can offer you is prayer and advice. Just do your best to keep your head held high and start banging on doors. One WILL open for you. They always do. It just doesn't happen over night. I wish it did, because I am going thru hard times myself, but I know in the end it will be ok.
    Dancey30

Answer by Dancey30 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I do not really have any ideas as far as a job goes. One thing you might want to try is talking to the place where she takes gymnastics and see if you can work something out with them. Maybe you can get a discount right now or she could go for free for a little while. It never hurts to ask and the worse they can say is No.

Good Luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Start your own business. Can you clean homes, babysit, walk dogs, do laundry? IF so, you can start a business.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:21 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Go to Works4mom.com Click REAL work @ home jobs. You can work at night taking orders for companies like Disney while your baby sleeps. No scams, no buy ins, no MLM, just the security of a weekly pay check. It's not easy money, it's a JOB!
    That's what you are looking for right? A second job you can do for a few hours while she sleeps and not pay for daycare.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:59 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Can you ask them if they do scholarships? Explain your situation, it can't hurt anything but your pride, but you may be surprised and they might offer a scholarship. I had a scholarship for my daughter for swim lessons once.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Maybe you could even offer to lend a hand at the Gymnastics Center in order to make up for her fees. They need to constantly disinfect and clean the equipment and if you're lucky they may be able to let you give them a hand. My husband got free karate lessons for over a year after he talked to the owner and offered to help with tournaments and kid's classes. Good Luck!!
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• What about a business that's FREE to start up and with NO monthly fees??? I did it with Tupperware and I LOVE IT!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:26 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Check out some of the companies like Directv, Cricket and such. Some times they will train you, then allow you to stay home, as long as you work tech support or such for so many hours a day.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:48 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• OMG..... My heart is BREAKING!!!!! I totally understand where you are right now. I've spent many days and night crying over the fact that I can't do for my daughter what I want to do. IT WILL GET BETTER!!!! Please PM me. I will send you my phone number and you can even call me if you like. I have been trying to work from home for years!!! I have done Avon, Mary Kay, a few different MLM's, Ebay, surveys.... You name it.... I've done it!!! And it's not till recently that I've become very successful. It did take years to understand how the internet worked, and what systems really brought in the money. I also know the difference between scams, and those that just overly hype up what your potential is. There is also a difference between a WAH job, and a WAH business. If you would like my help, I'm happy to offer it :o). Mommies can use the help of other Mommies these days :o)!!!!
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 8:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Okay so I teach gymnasticss and know what an expensive sport it can be. So my suggestion is to ask the gym if they would consider letting you clean or do some paper work or any other type of job in exchange for class. I know 3 gyms in our area who have moms cleaning in exchange for class. So I know that some gyms do this. And its alot easier to ask that than to ask for something free.
    KatSul

Answer by KatSul at 12:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2008