I am 15weeks and 5 days pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy but I feel like it's my first pregnancy since my Last child was born 2004. I worry so much-so heres my ?-what can I do to make myself worry less? I never felt this way with baby 1&2 . You'd think I'd be a pro by now,lol. I jus wana feel my baby move ... How do I destress?

Mandy797

Asked by Mandy797 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I stressed the whole time with my third. I guess beacuse I knew he was my last. I stressed for a long time after he was born too. He'll be a year on 30th and I can finally say I dont over stress as much now lol!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I can totally understand! I am due with baby number and my second child was born in March of 2003. I really think being older this pregnancy has been an issue for me. Being young and nieve the first two was a blessing. Now I question everything! How much weight should I gain? Why is she always moving on one side? is there something wrong?

I try to tell myself that worrying is an issue for the baby and find something to distract my worries!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 12:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i can totally see what you mean i had my last child in 2004 also and we are thinking of having another and im sure ill be alot like you, worrying alot. just try to focus on your other kiddos and you will feel that baby move in no time, if you ever wanna talk feel free to pm me anytime.
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• First, I'd recommend the book "Birthing From Within." It will help you process your fears and deal with them, which is helpful for any pregnant mom. Next, look at the things that worry you. Is there anything you can do about those things? Worry that leads you to action isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you are worried about eating right for the baby, that should move you toward eating right. (Then you can drop the worry because you are doing all you can to prevent it.) If you are worried about things beyond your control, there are two things you can do. One is to become as informed as possible. When we are informed, we worry less. So knowing more about pregnancy and childbirth can ease your mind. The second thing is to let go of the things you have no control over. You may also need to process your previous pregnancies and births. Many women feel worry because they feel guilt from their previous experiences. Process that.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have been doing everything I can to take my mind off of it. My work keeps me busy so that helps. My 1st trimester with this baby was the worst so far although my third started out a little shaky with wory. Now I am down to the home stretch and the close I get the more worried I am. It doen't help that now I am on bed rest.

My advise is talk to someone about the things that make you stressed and then keep your self as mentally active as you can so you don't have time to think about it.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 17, 2011