What can I do to help my daughter with her migraine headachs?

She is 8 years old and she does not eat many of the triger foods. My house is low stress. what else can I do to help her?

AutumRyne

Asked by AutumRyne at 12:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

• Does she have glasses? Have you had her eyes checked?

My son had a huge reduction in his once he got glasses.

Other then that just the normal stuff let her go to a dark room and let her sleep it off.

I am assumming that you have talked to her dr about them and other issues have been ruled out.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I read that soaking in epsom salts in a bath really helped someone. It's cheap, so I guess it's worth a try.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Find out what triggers them. foods, noise, light, ect. then you can find a proper treatment/medication. also u can try massaging her head where the pain is, my bf gets them bad, and I rub his head for him, and apply pressure to his temples as a distraction from the pain, sometimes it helps relax him. or try Tylenol or Ibprophen or Motrin.. for her age for the pain.
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 12:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Bc powder is awesome. But find out whats triggering them first
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I found out that aspartame, nuts, fruit and dairy are triggers for my migraines. Now that I know, i have been almost migraine free! My neurologist was genius!
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 12:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i'm not sure, can she take pain medication for it, like tylenol? i'm not sure if that would work, i heard migraines are very painful, wish i could help!
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You might want to chart what she is eating to see if there is an unusual trigger for her. I assume she is under a doctor's care too? GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Also, turn down the music/t.v. and close the blinds or curtains. Less stimuli to bother her.
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 11:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011