Scheduling a c-section

I'm scheduling my c-section and assuming that I don't go into labor before 39 weeks (last time it was 38 and 4 days so we'll see if it's even an issue) I will be having the baby around my Dad's birthday.
I guess my question is would you schedule it for there birthday or would you wait a few days so they have there own birthday?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• my daughter was born on my birthday but schedualed c-section, i really wanted her to have her own day but honestly she was the best present that I ever recieved.
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 12:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I had three scheduled c-sections and it has been my experience that the doc will throw a few dates at you and you can choose one. My OB had certain days he was in the operating room and I had to pick an O.R. day. You may not get the option to choose any day you'd like.

In fairness to the question, if it were me, I'd give my child his own day to be celebrated. He or she would be the only focus that day. Hope that helps you.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 12:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I just posted something about my dads birthday and my daughters birthday. I scheduled the csection on my dads birthday. February 11, 2011. My father passed away suddenly 2 years ago. And if he were here he would have loved to share the day with her. I say go for it and let them share a birthday!!!!
    krisrdh2009

Answer by krisrdh2009 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It really depends on what you want. I just scheduled mine for May 23. My cousins b-day is the 18 and my uncle's is the 28 and I just wanted to be sure to avoid those two dates... but thats just me. :)
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 1:38 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Personally, I think it would be neat for them to have the same birthday. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:56 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• if it were me i would opt to give the baby their own borthday if it is possible...but thats just me
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My dads birthday was on February 11th too Krisrdh2009, he also passed away but thought that was kinda neat both our deceased dads share the same bday... but anyhoos, I wouldnt want the birthday to be on the same day that would be a little overwhelming coming from someone whose WHOLE family is born in June
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• That wl be nice on granpa bday
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My 2nd and 3rd were scheduled c-sections. My 2nd was scheduled for Sept. 2 but then bumped up to August 27th (anniversary of when hubs and I met). So I joke with hubs about baby 2 being his anniversary present that year. Our 3rd was due in march and I was given the choice of 2 days (2nd or 7th) and I chose the 2nd- which was my birthday. So he was my 36th birthday present. since I really don't celebrate my birthday, I turned the day over to him and we make the day all about him.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i would let her have her own bday maybe a few days before or after your dads bday
    jtaylor03

Answer by jtaylor03 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2011