How do I keep him happy after a year...?

Me and my bf have been 2gether for a year now, and I love him to death, and know he loves me, he tells me all the time, and he always kisses me goodnight and b4 he leaves in the morning. We live together and do everything together, and I am now 8 months pregnant with his baby and we r happy and have never argued.. ever. I have the perfect guy, he treats me like im the only girl in the world, and I totally bend over backwards for him, but sometimes it seems like he isnt as happy as I am, we dont talk much, together we have five kids and dont really have time, but I try to start conversation, but he is always tired. he takes an antidepressant, but still seems sad. and since I got pregnant, our sex/romantic life has suffered. i guess i let it go, cuz i dont want to force him if he isnt in the mood. Im starting to feel less connected, and like he isnt as attracted to me as he was. idk what to do about it. any ideas?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 12:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• make time to talk... communication is the key to any good relationship- even if it means you have to get up early and talk to him before he goes to work.
    good luck!
    dimpsedee34me

Answer by dimpsedee34me at 12:18 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I've been married 28yrs. yesterday and the key to a happy relationship is communication. Let him know what you just told us and listen to his response. Always remember to respect each others opinions and talk through them.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• try other forms of intimacy other than sex...a nice massage...eating strawberries and chocolate...just holding hands while watching tv...then he wont feel pressure to have sex , but you are still connecting...a touch is worth a thousand words
    janomoma

Answer by janomoma at 2:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Depression is toughest on the people that care. Many antidepressants actually make it hard to get in the mood. They make you feel numb. Which is better than feeling depressed but sucks for your love life! Talk to him about it. Talk to his doctor about it. Together of course! There are many anti-depressants on the market. Together you guys can find one that works.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree with all the ladies. Communication is the key to a good marriage.
    Jerzymom

Answer by Jerzymom at 11:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011