"The Shack" (book)

Have you read it yet and how do you feel about it? I'm a little over half way...it's pretty deep, yet freaky at times! There are allot of good things in the book, I am a Christain, but I don't know the bible word for word. Did you like it, what was your interpretation?

abearshug

Asked by abearshug at 8:06 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Is that the book where a girl was killed and the dad was called back to it? If so I keep picking up the book, and wondering if it's any good. Tell me what you thought. I'm in the middle of The Begotten. Its a pretty good book. Don't know if I would really recommend it, but still a good read.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It's an excellent book ...it's just really "deep" it's the only way I can describe it without giving anything away! It's very spiritual ...that's the main content of the book one he goes back to the "shack". It's one of those books you have to keep going back and reading some of the things there talking about again because your like, huh? or it was that good, you just got to read it again! I actually marked a really good part! The part reminds me allot of my MIL , I'm thinking of getting for Christmas for her,lol. and highlighting that part!
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 8:29 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• then i'll have to get it. I'm a BAM addict and get gift cards there every year... Cause I can't spend it on my son... LITTLE DO THEY KNOW HAHA! Anyway. I have a list of books that I want. Thats on there now. I love love love books.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i didn't not care for the book--the "storyline" was okay--but as for deep "christian" critique per se--i wasn't seeing it--i do know a lot of people who loved the book though.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 8:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I really loved the book personally. I bought a copy for my dad after I was done reading and have loaned it out to friends too. It's a quick read so if you don't care for it, at least you didn't spend too much time on it ;) I think it's worth it tho!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I borrowed my friend's book , skeptical because I had heard more bad reviews than good. I read it in two days and just loved it. For me, it showed how Mac (the main character in the book) related with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (and how beautifully they treated him back), and I started looking at that trinity on a different, real, and relating level in my own life too. This book, even though it's fiction, also helped heal some hurts I've had (i.e., why bad things happen, and forgiveness). I think it's a sweet simple book that inspires and explains the relationship you can really have with Jesus yourself, not just Mac.
    Squeaky79

Answer by Squeaky79 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i've been trying to read that book for 6 months...not getting into it. after the initial 'welcoming' party at the shack, and mac realizing who was who (or so he thought) and it opening his eyes/heart to how he'd always thought of the trinity...it kinda went downhill for me. nothing. zip. i probably got less than 3 or 4 chapters to the end, when i gave up. anybody wants to read it, and not buy it, pm me,and i'll send it to you.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Hey above poster....go join www.paperbackswap.com and post that book on there.  You swap books with others for free.  Swap it for something you might like to read.  I've been a member for about a year or so now and LOVE IT!

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I just have to say that I finished a while ago and forgot about my original post...it was fabulous. The beginning was good...the middle kinda boring , but the end was fantastic and not at all what I was expecting!! I would recommend forcing yourself to finish it!
    abearshug

Answer by abearshug at 3:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2008

• LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
    vintagechicken

Answer by vintagechicken at 3:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008