Why would you say this to someone if you even would say it to someone (i am by no means trying to start arguments)

if you all saw my post on what the actual day of silence is

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/808886/LGBTQ_support_days_D_spin_off_of_a_question_about_the_day_of_silence_on_parent_debate_section
if you haven't read it please go read it before you comment on here if you would be so kind

but anyway heres my story/question
i was putting up fliers for the day of silence tomorrow, people were telling me how its disrespectful to red friday, or how they wished that the whole thing would fail...i actually had one person say that they hoped "Saint Michael" would come a rid the world of all these blasphemous people participating in the day of silence

i know people dont agree with the LGBTQ community but honestly why would you tell someone that? if you would even tell someone that?

P.S for all of you who do red friday and you support the day of silence you dont have to be silent you can put something purple on you whether it be a sticker/pin/stripe/purple writing on your skin anything purple also supports the day of silence

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 12:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• it is from fear and their own insecurities that ppl will say such hurtful things...
    Just let if roll off your shoulders ... and let those words seal your faith in your work
    in letting others know that EVERYONE as a person counts...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You have every right to speak out on what you believe, but there are people who do not always feel the same way. They also have the right to speak out to what they believe it's just a matter of how you deal with what is said. Reguardless of the response. Just because some people dont agree with you doesn't make them fearful or insecure, they could say the same thing.... I personally support Red Friday and always will, just dont give up on sending your message out.
    rizeabove

Answer by rizeabove at 12:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It sounds to me that that person believes that the archangel will help remove temptations from the world and make it a better place. Seems odd to me. St. Michael is the patron saint of knights/warriors and a guardian from fleshy devilish temptations, but as bene 'elohim (sons of God or angel) they are both without prominent gender and able to procreate with the Daughters of Man to create the Nephilim. (None of which survived the flood apparently) this would show to me that "he" was a true hermaphrodite.
    Honestly I hve no clue why this person would break the "laws" of common courtesy and say something like that. Maybe he thrives on conflict?
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 12:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• There is still a lot of educating to be done concerning homophobia. It breaks my heart when people can not see how their words hurt others. They think that teaching children to accept everyone will "turn" their children gay or something stupid like that. Sorry about the vent OP, I just got off a post battling bigotry. Keep doing all the good work Mama. HUGS

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• – collapse
    How convenient for you to have those experiences so you can come back and write about them. I can just see people getting so into other peoples business like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Fear and hate would lead someone to say such things. I would never say something like that to anyone. I don't even see how a Day of Silence even conflicts with Red Fridays because most people just wear a red shirt in support of the troops. Why can't someone do both causes this time?
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My daughter made herself a shirt last night for it and is doing it today- they had people sign up if they were going to participate at school.

The sad thing is that she said there were a bunch of kids who signed up- not knowing what it was, and when they found out-they crossed their names off saying they would not support it :(
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would have told them where to put their nasty remarks, because I have zero tolerance for that crap. If they don't want to participate, fine. Go on about your day not participating. But walking up to strangers to make nasty remarks is wrong, and they should be ashamed of themselves.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Some people are full of hate and ignorance. Don't let t get to you. if they only knew just how many LGBTQ people were also military they would probably piss themselves out of shock.

PS I am wearing a purple tank top and a red V neck shirt today.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't do red Friday, not because I'm against it, I just don't leave the house and see no point. I don't agree with the gay/lesbian lifestyle but I would never say that to anyone...I wouldn't even think it. That's pretty hypocritical for a Christian to say considering we are ALL sinners. We are not better than anyone else and should never look down at anyone else.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011