Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i go to the ER if i have been hurting for 3 day

im 21 years old and have endrometriosis and my my doctor has not done anything or will not do anything to help me out

Answer Question

Asked by honeybear9012 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Health

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Yes if it's so painful you can't walk or sleep, have someone take you there. It's better to be safe than sorry. Also, switch to a different doctor until you find a doctor that does offer you some treatment. All doctors graduate but someone had to graduate at the bottom of the class (they're not all good). Have you tried heating pads, Advil, and elevating your legs with pillows? I think hormone therapy is usually the treatment for severe cases so when you see a doctor, ask about hormone therapy or some kind of treatment. Also make sure you see a specialist and not just any doctor. Specialists have more knowledge. Don't forget to get permission for the ER visit from your insurance if you need to give them advance notice. Just call them before you go there. Sometimes the price is costly if you don't notify them in advance. Hope you feel better soon!


    Answer by hellokittykat at 12:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • will the thing is my insurance dropped me

    Comment by honeybear9012 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • sounds like you need a new doctor......but i with hellokittykat

    Answer by wifey000175554 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • you should probably see another doctor, someone who can help you!

    Answer by Kainalu55 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

  • i would see a dr not sure what the er will do

    Answer by asil at 11:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.