Does this mean?

My 11 1/2 year old has been getting sharp pains in her pelvic area for the last few days and every once in a while will feel nauseated. She started breast development right at 11 years old, she will be 12 this summer. Is that a sign that she might be getting ready to start her cycle? What were your daughters signs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Definitely could be signs, I don't have daughters, but I started just weeks after I turned 12.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yep, thats it.. she will be starting in the next few months if not weeks or days. keep any eye out.. now might be the time to have the period talk. good luck!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My daughter started her cycle at 10.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 8:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes. Usually within a year of breast development, the period starts.

zoejans: When the girl gets her period is too late to have that talk. That talk should be done by the time the girl is in 4th grade (that is when I had it at school and when my niece had it at school too.)

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If she feels sick to her stomach, ask her if it's more to her right (straight down from belly button & across from the right hip) is she running a fever? It most likely is her cycle coming but be careful it's not her appendix. My daughter's friend thought she was getting her cycle but.........
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I started when I was 9 so it could be
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:46 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• it could very well be but you may want to ask your doctor about this also
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• well i just watched on the news the other day girls are starting as early as 7 now but ive never heard of pain down there for a period i would take to doc
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2011