If people are so proud and just

when they post those long rambling rants about how homosexuality is evil and a tool of Satan, etc etc etc, why do they always post them anon?  If it's truly "God's will" that they go around telling complete strangers they're going to Hell, shouldn't they be doing it proudly so they get full credit for it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 2:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Religious Debate

• They go Anon because deep down, whether they'll admit it or not, they know they are wrong in being so flippin' hateful. Even when you (in this case, literally YOU) offer more than enough Bible verses to back up your claim that they are being a hypocrite/hateful/a sinner, they pretend that you're wrong. I've always found it interesting that people like that get so stuck on one thing (homosexuality) that they somehow think they are above the verses that call them out for what they are doing.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It would seem that they are not as strong in their beliefs as they claim to be.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It could be because they know it's controversial and their opinion is not what the majority will agree with, therefore they're too intimidated to post with their screen name. Or...maybe they're just a troll. There's also the possibility that they know their feelings stem from hate, which is my guess on which is most likely.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• At this point.. I am leaning towards cowards. They cannot or are to afraid to own what they say.
    Honestly, if you think it, say it... then own it. Don't hide behind a stupid anon button
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know what you are saying Notpanicking. I think a lot of our pictures on that post got deleted, even the ones of the teens that committed suicide.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yes amen
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I checked that other question and the pictures are still there. There was just a lot of posting right before it was closed. The only good things that come out of post like that is the hate being exposed.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I LOATHthe whole Anon thing no matter the subject. If ya have a question or comment, stand behind your opinion or don't say it.

I am a Christian woman & my brother was gay(he passed away 6 yrs ago of lung cancer) I don't have to answer to God for his choices in life. I love him to this day. I love the man who was his partner for 26 yrs. My Bible says to love one another, it doesn't have a line that says as long as their not gay.

Pleae if someone can show where in the Bible it specifically calls for hating. condemning them I would like to know!!!

I may hate brussell sprouts but I will NEVER hate a person on this earth!!

My opinion had to share. God bless
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 6:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OMG I just skimmed through that post...I'm glad I wasn't part of that. The OP clearly has hatred within their heart. And they are scared of their own feelings of hate but are too scared to truly own those feelings. THey are acting on what they have been spoonfed since they were a child probably...akin to brainwashing.
    THere is something inside of them, deep down, that knows they are being hateful and wrong. But the brainwashing takes over and the anger sets in b/c their heart is trying to tell them the truth of the matter...which is to love and tolerate, not hate and discriminate.

That OP is a sad, sad person.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• good call NP. I agree with most that perhaps deep down they know they are wrong and being judgmental.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011