State funded preschool

I am looking for a state funded preschool for my son. He will be 4 in June and I would LOVE for him to have a chance to get used to school before kindergarten. I live in Tierrasanta california and I have not been able to find state funded preschools and a few sliding scale schools but unfortunatly make too much, I mean 30,500 a year isn't much but still too much for anyone to help with preschool. Not that we could afford a sliding scale preschool anyways. Is there anyone that knows of anything I can do, I am homeschooling him right now but I want him to have a real teacher who knows what they're doing to make sure he is prepared for kindergarten.

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 2:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Head Start is one...But there's certain requirements for it.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am having the same problem, only I live in Wisconsin - in a smallish town. I grew up in Wisconsin and we had 4K and 5K at all public elementary schools. I loved it as a kid but now they're slowly getting rid of it. None of the local schools offer it, and only one daycare offers preschool, for 1hr45min a day and at a high price.
    I'm still trying to look around and find something. Grrr.
    enohp04

Answer by enohp04 at 7:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I tried headstart, but you have to be going to school full time, we can't afford that. You have to be working OR looking for a job. Well I an't work as hubby's houws are unpredictable and I am looking for a job BUT they said they needed proof wtf how do I show proof?
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011