Birth control???

wanting to find a birth control that i can take when done with pregnancy and that i can breastfeed with but also have periods what do you recommend?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 2:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I believe that you should really ask a doctor. Only your doctor will actually know what form of birth control you should use. But even with birth control for the first few months after giving birth you can still get pregnant . But your best thing to do is go to an ob/gyn office to find out.
    Mandy_yanna13

Answer by Mandy_yanna13 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• yeah i'm gonna ask my doctor
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 2:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i think its different for everyone, some people have a birth control that works better for them than others
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I recommend something with NO hormones. That's all I can recommend, though, because you have to decide what specific method you would prefer.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I took the mini pill while breastfeeding. I didn't have any periods though until after I was done nursing but everyone's body is different in that area. Also it works fine for some people, others, like my sil, it makes their milk supply drop.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would ask your DR they would know, I can't take birth control due to a blood clotting disorder I have, and I had to take blood thinning shots when I was pregnant so after I got pregnant with my 5th DD my Dh got fixed.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011