So I must ask...this may hurt feelings, and I'm shallow too lol adult content

How come mothers seem perfectly okay telling people they lost custody of their kids?

I mean really? I would be so fucking embarrassed.

Today, a lay at a play ground was talking to me...didn't know me from Eve. Anyways, it was small talk. Then she goes on to tell me that her mother is bringing her kids so she can see them because she's lost custody of them.

So, of course, I'm like "great...awesome, I have some psycho-child beater sitting next to me." Yes, I know. I shouldn't think like that, but I do.

So, I try to cut off all convo with her...yup, I'm that shallow.

So, I grab my child and she's asking me for my phone number and wants our kids to play together. Like WTF you crazy lady...no way lol
I know it's not the kids fault, but there's no way on Earth I'll let my child have a play date with her kids.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• it is shallow but she must be crazy lol
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I want to agree with you in a way but c.p.s. does take kids away for less. Not everyone that has there child removed from there home beat there kids. My sis lost her because of alcoholic and drug use, they seen there kids at the park too, and had to get clean but now they have their kids back. But there are a lot of cases where parents to beat, not fed and mistreat there kids and c.p.s takes them. But my opinion is why should a parent that beat or hurt a child should get to see them at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It is shallow but you don't know why they were removed and don't want to be involved. PS I would do the same thing.
    krisrdh2009

Answer by krisrdh2009 at 3:08 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'm not saying she beat her kids...but still.
    For whatever reason they were taken away, I would just rather not get mixed up with her and her drama. And do not want me kid around any of that either.

I am shallow, I'll admit it lol
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 3:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• were all shallow in our own little way, and ladies dont sit there and pretend you dont judge people the minute you see them, whether it be "oh she seems nice" to OMG is she seriously wearing that? as if her fat ass looks good in those jeans?" haha but id be embarrassed to admit if I lost my kids too, CPS doesnt take your kids for no reason, they might over little stuff but something brought you to their attention somehow.
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 3:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• it not shallow...she was just being too deep...its like when you are in a hurry and in line at the bank and the person in front of you wants to unload their life on the teller.... :)
    janomoma

Answer by janomoma at 3:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't think it is shallow I think it is being a good mother looking out for the safety of your children, and yourself quite frankly. It doesn't matter why she had her kids taken from her, I wouldn't get involved either.
    Jennnnnifer

Answer by Jennnnnifer at 3:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i agree! who wants to add extra drama to their lives?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i can tell you in the uk it takes a lot to lost your kids so yup i feel just like that . i know as i'm rasing my step kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• what I dont understand is how a guy would willingly have a child with a woman who had a kid taken away by CPS....and then a third guy have a child  with the same woman after she lost her second kid to the second f'ather? My stepson's bio mom is the heroine of this story. We have custody and full rights of my ss after CPS, she has no rights anymore and she hasnt seen him in 5 yrs, her second  baby daddy just got full sole custody of thier son, and her new man and her are TTC...what is he thinkinG??????

shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 4:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011