I Don't Know If It's Advice or Comfort I Need...

Ok, so highschool was hell for me, which was why I dropped out as soon as I turned sixteen. I've only been forced to go back a couple of times, for a friend's graduation, to pick up a kid I was babysitting for, and another time to pick up my transcrips when I started collage and, every time I've been, I start feeling queasy and anxious as soon as I pull into the parking lot, sometimes even when I drive by. Tomorrow, my old highschool is doing "Rent" and a few of my friends are going and want me to come with. I want to go with them and I've been wanting to see this play for awhile but I'm already feeling queasy just thinking about it. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help me?

Razzle_Dazzle1

Asked by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 4:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in

• It's just a building...that's all, and if you went to college you won, so go back knowing that.

I have to admit that I loved school, and didn't have that problem, but it sounds to me like you have nothing to feel sick about.

Go and have fun! Good Luck.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I do that but I'm agoraphobic... MAKE YOURSELF GO. If you don't you might end up like me and I cant go anywhere. You'll be fine after ya get there
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• we all have a fear. mine is driving. i havent learned how to drive yet and i'm 30. i'm trying now and yesterday was my first day of practice, today i'm gonna practice again. even though i've gotten through it the first day, i'm still having a nervous breakdown today about it. you eventually HAVE to overcome this fear. i'm betting that when i get my license and i get into a car, i'm still gonna have a nervous breakdown before driving it.

you have to put those feelings aside and face it. if you don't and let it overcome you, you'll never be able to do it. i'm not saying it will get easier, but you have to ignore them and think of the positive outcome.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• my friend had said something to me that helped me..."be WILLING to do it."

idk if that'll help you. since your having friends with you, think of the comfort they will give you just by being there with you.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011