Does anyone ever feel like their having a nervous break down?

I feel like my kids are always fighting and I'm tired of breaking it up. Is it better to just let them fight it out?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 6:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Mine are 8, 6 and 4. They don't fight too much. Mainly it's disagreements. They usually work them out themselves. If they can't I usually separate them. (that is if no one is at fault) You won't believe that one always confesses if they were at fault! They aren't trying to lie yet...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I just have 1 lil one the rest is grown thank God...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My DS is 4 years old Autistic, ADHD, and has a sensory disorder , and my DD is 8 and is in all accelerated classes in school so they are like daylight n dark .They often have disagreements but no actual fights but thats kids for you .As much as it gets on my nerves I think back to when I was a KID and man did me and my brothers fight .We always worked it out though and girls and boys do differant things for fun so I just give them their own space if they do not work it out on their own.I think it is normal and almost impossible to avoid.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My boys are 4 years apart. One day the were arguing, which lead to pushing and name calling. Grandma was present and her little ole self got up grabbed each by the collar faced them and said "SAY 10 NICE THINGS ABOUT EACH OTHER" Shock, then giggles as they started with "cool shirt you have on" down to "you are funny". The still squabbled at times but not as bad. IDK how old your kids are (at the time mine were 6 and 10 (or there abouts). Funny thing is she had 6 of us girls and I recall fights....but she never did that with us.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• When my kids start to fight all the time I separate them and they are not allowed to talk with each other for a 1/2 hour. I put them in separate rooms and they have to do something quiet like read a book, play with their toys, etc. They are not allowed to watch TV at this time and since my boys share a room usually one ends up in my room and one in their room. Or one in the living room and one in the kitchen. I have not had to do this in a long time because they are older now, 12 and 14. One time recently they were fooling around and I thought it was fighting so I said something to them and they laughed. They said we are having a discussion. So maybe they aren't really fighting maybe they are just discussing things. I know my oldest is a loud child so even when he is just playing and having fun he something gets to me. He is not being bad he just never stops.

Good Luck!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have 3 boys ages 10, 6 and 2...all they do is fight! I am constantly screaming at them and seperating them, I have taken away all video games and there tv. Nothing really seems to work...I am just hoping they grow out of it and soon!
    melsa30

Answer by melsa30 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• there are days i feel like pulling my hair out and i only have one 5 year old and there are days that he is just out of control and my throat hurts from yelling at him by the end of the day.but i love him and at the end of the day i know whats best for him so before he goes to sleep i sit with him in bed and talk to him about what he did for the day and explain why i yell at him and he says sorry for making me yell at him and he goes to sleep.and we do the same thing the next day but they grow up so fast i dont mind doing the same routine every day.
    jtaylor03

Answer by jtaylor03 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011