Think how crazy it would be if everyone who made less than 100K a yr went on strike for weeks?!?!

ya know, in protest to the way our country's budgeting has been skewed to make the rich richer and the poor stay poor.... what do you think could it work...Imagine the mess seriously, if we all just stopped working...

doula-mom25

Asked by doula-mom25 at 6:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• ''less than 100k a year"...that would be quite a lot of people..teachers, law enforcement, military to name a few.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Job abandonment, in THIS economy?! No thanks!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Instead of striking how about getting the education, training and put the time in to make over 100k/yr. If you work at it you can do it and then you will appreciate wanting to keep your hard earned money.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• the jobless would just swoop in and take away the jobs. wouldnt be much of a strike.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yeah that's a great idea but just a couple of questions...... Are you able to be self sufficient?  No grocery store for you everyone is on strike.  Medical care forget that too. Hope you don't get sick or break a leg. Hope your house doesn't catch on fire because no one will come to put it out. Hope no one breaks into your home no officer will show up.

Yeah that will show them!

Then when you are done proving your po.int no job for you someone else took it and was happy to have it.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• No thanks..my family likes a roof over our heads and food to eat.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Hey if pro athletes can strike, as millionaires, why not? All that would likely happen is some of the unemployed would have our jobs. (of course I'm a sahm so a strike would only affect my household.)
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• ...Imagine the mess seriously, if we all just stopped working...

--
    Ahem. UE is like 9%, so I don't need to imagine it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If you work at it you can do it and then you will appreciate wanting to keep your hard earned money.

Well, no matter what- no matter how hard I work- if I stay a classroom teacher I will never make 100K- there are many good, important jobs that will never pay over 100K-

Anyway- not so sure the govt wants the rich to get richer and the poor to be poorer- its more like a middle class squeeze than an assault on the poor- we make around 200K combined-not poor but hardly rich- some place in the middle and that's when you feel the pinch-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• They would hurt themselves more than they would the wealthy. The wealthy make up a tiny percentage of the population.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011