Who is your hero?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 8:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• my 18 yr old grandson. He's faced a lot of horrible obstacles and he's still not broken in spirit. He simply amazes me.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:34 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My grandma. She's 81 and still mows the lawn and rakes the leaves. She raised every single person in my family, we all grew up at grandma's house =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My Mom who just recently passed away this passed February, she wasn't my biological mother she is technically my dads mom but she took me in and raised me as her own - she was all the mother I need and will ever need, she's missed everyday! This is the first holiday season without her here and it's hitting me hard!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I guess my grandmother who died a good while back. She raised 4 children in the depression, lost one son in WWII, raised chickens for the meat and eggs and sold eggs for pin money. She also quilted to help raise money and also to give quilts to all of her children and grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She was always generous and a very hard worker. She "put up" all of their vegetables and fruit. Was devout. She was gentle and loving with a grandchild who stayed with her in the summers.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• awww. ya'll have me about to cry! cait-i'm happy you're grandma is still so active! admckenzie and married2thebest-ya'll are both in my thoughts and prayers!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:45 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My son. He was born at 25 wks. He's had 4 surgeries and never a day of ill-temperment. (Ok - so he wasn't real happy immediately after heart surgery or when he was adjusting down to 1 nap, but considering it all he's pure sunshine!) He's a fighter and a lover. He reminds me every day of what is great about life. The same could be said for his twin (whom we lost after 16 days). They were BOTH great fighters and continue to teach me sooo much about what it is to be a parent, to be a wife, to be a member of a community, and to just plain be human. I am so bless to have them (in one way or another) in my life!
    AggieMamacita

Answer by AggieMamacita at 8:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My parents! They go thru so much and bounce right back, they are admirable people!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My grandmother -- she is 86 and my best friend
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My Grandma - she passed away in March of 1991, but lives on in my heart as my guardian angel. She lived with my family and me the last 3 yrs of her life and was my best friend. She and I used to spend days talking and doing things together. I miss her a lot!! She would have loved her great grandchildren! She died of an aneurysm in my arms. I think that was the way she wanted it and that moment I held her is precious to me. I will never forget that moment. I just hope that I have made her proud!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• my daughters they give me reason to live whenI don't have one or don't think I can do it!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008