What is Your Opinion on this??

plain and simple....what is your opinion on the MMR Vaccine? does your child get it? if your child does not, why is that? and arent you scared they could catch the measles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• All 5 of mine got their vaccine. I think if there is a shot out there to prevent illness I will always get it for my kids. I love them and would feel terrible for them to get sick from something I could have helped prevent.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Mine may get it later than the average schedule. And in separate dose so as to cut down on certain additives. You can catch the measles with or without it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• but if you catch it with the shot its alot less severe....i actually called the Merck company, the people that make the vaccines and they said they are not going to be doing separate vaccines again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My kids had the vaccine on schedule. With more research I would delayed the vaccines. IMO they benefits out weight the risk especially since there has been a major spike in measles cases this past year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree with gemgem- if there is a shot that prevents or lessens the severity of a disease, then OF COURSE I am going to get it for my child! All of mine have always had their vaccinations, and always on time. My youngest even had to have Synagis every month to help prevent RSV, since he was a heart baby, and I never even thought of doing it any other way!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:02 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, it is a less severe form. I was just answering the are you scared they will get it. They are going to separate them again, just not for a while. They stopped temporarily.

And you only might get measles regardless of if you had the shot or not. The shot does make it a less severe case. My child will get most shots, only I will wait until they are over one before I start and the vaccines will be given one at a time and spaced by a month at least.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:09 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i wanted to give them the MMR separate, so i called merk because i "heard" through the mothers on the internet that it was coming back in 2011, so i called Merck and they said they were planning on it, but after scientific studies and leads, they are no longer going to come out with separate vaccines. so im kinda pissed cause i wanted the separate ones.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• OH, well, it wasn't long ago that they said they were. When did they switch and forget to tell everyone? LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• None of my children have ever received a vaccine! Including the MMR. IF the children were ever to contract illnesses such as Measles, they would receive treatment for the symptoms, and lots of love, just like with any other illness. There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to have any long term damage from measles! But the risks of vaccines in general completely out weigh the purported benefits - and quite frankly, there is a decent amount of research out there that has shown vaccines have had NOTHING to do with the drop in cases or injuries/deaths from illnesses like Measles...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sorry about spelling!!!
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 8:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011