3monthold

My 3 month old was rolling over at 2 weeks but now I cant even get her to lay down she has to be propped up or sitting up at all times, including sleeping! do you think this is messing with her development?

BLTemple11

Asked by BLTemple11 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about that, but babies should be sleeping on their back. It could interfere with spinal development as babies need to sleep laying down to have that stretch out time for their little bodies.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I highly doubt your baby was rolling over at 2 weeks old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It very well could but maybe u should tell your childs dr just to be sure.
    ladyjwitt

Answer by ladyjwitt at 9:06 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• do you think your baby has reflux? My Paige 4 months old has to be propped up all the time and if she gets uncomfortable it looks like shes trying to roll over but its her reflux hurting her...
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't think there would be any problem. My 2 1/2 month old son prefers to spend his nights in his swing. But I also agree that they need to have stretch out time so when I am awake he sleep preference is on his tummy during the day. I think you are fine just be sure to give the baby time on her back and/or belly. Also talk to you ped. Just to get an idea of what he/she thinks.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• you might want to check with your doctor and see if there is a reason for this. There could be any reason such as not being able to breathe well.
    CandySarasmom

Answer by CandySarasmom at 8:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011