Knot on my thigh????

I went to the gym 2 days ago and I was working out my legs pretty hard ( treadmill, leg press and lunges). I didnt think too much of it, because my legs always burn when I am finished working out. Well, the next day I was rubbing my thigh (about 3 inches above kneecap) and noticed a pretty good size knot that was sore to the touch. Its about 2 in wide and 2 in long. I also have a small knot on the other thigh that is on the outer side of my thigh.. I have never had this before, so could it be a torn muscle or something? Any suggestions or if this happened to you, what was it? Thanks!

ProudMommie87

Asked by ProudMommie87 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• mine wasn't torn just sore and needing to be worked out more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• could be a trigger point. Apply pressure for 90 seconds and see if it releases it.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sounds like what the footballers call a corked thigh. Massage, rest, and gentle stretching for a week or so should get you right again. Swimming and yoga help. It is nothing to worry about. Be a bit more careful when you exercise as some people are more prone to this than others. You do not want to cause an injury that will give you trouble in your old age.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2011