Is there any way to get rid of stretch marks?

Losing the weight isnt my big concern after i have my daughter, its these stretch marks! I'm 31 weeks pregnant and i have stretch marks all over the bottom half of my tummy and all the way around to my butt crack!! I've used all the butter and lotion you could imagine. Idk what to do. Do they ever go away?

jdish

Asked by jdish at 8:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sometimes they do. There are things like mederma that can help too

Answer by admckenzie at 8:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• does that stuff really work?
    jdish

Comment by jdish (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maderma Does work but loosing weight works better and they do fade over time.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Maderma works because you have to apply it often and rub the skin. Rubbing brings blood flow to the area which is what actually heals and fades them.

I have a friend that scars badly from the smallest things. Her doctor told her to get any type of lotion and put it on frequently. The chemicals in Mederma and other lotions don't provide much benefit but they cause increased circulation to the area and that is what speeds the healing process.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i heard that tanning fades them, but on the tyra show it said tanning makes them more visible. anyone with personal experience?
    jdish

Comment by jdish (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i think it truly depends on how deep they are. are they a deep reddish color, or white and faint? i gained A LOT of weight with all 3 of my pregnancies, one of my babies was a 10 pounder so my tummy stretched unbelievably, but somehow i was lucky enough to only get small, white stretch marks on my belly. now i have the "mommy pouch" still but the stretch marks aren't that visible. im sure if i cared more and rubbed some mederma on it they might disappear altogether, but im not much for caring about self-image lately.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• theyre reddish, but they arent that deep.. yet. i hope they dont get worse but i stilll have 8 weeks to go and she has alot of growing to do between now and then.
    jdish

Comment by jdish (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Stretch marks are scars, while they fade with time they'll never disappear completely.

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Not really anyway to get rid of them but if they are dark u can lighten them up. Be proud of ur mommy marks!!!
    ladyjwitt

Answer by ladyjwitt at 9:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• For my first child I went from 100lbs to 137lbs in a hurry and it completely destroyed my body...almost 11 years later they are still there..faded of course but definitly still there...on the upside..when I had my 2nd and 3rd children i was already so stretched that I didnt get any new ones!..Its not that big of a deal really..they make tankinis for swimming for a reason lol...It does make u self concious if you get a new partner but with my experience, the guys could care less, its a natural thing that happens..they are battle wounds to show what hell you went threw to make something amazing happen...
    melsa30

Answer by melsa30 at 10:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2011