If I buy some cake mix and icing how much will I need to make 30 cupcakes?

my dd's birthday is in 2 weeks and she wants to take cupcakes to school. There is 20 something kids in her class I know there isn't more than 30 so I was going to make 30 cupcakes for her class. How many cake mixes (in a box) will I need to buy? What about icing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• hmmm it should say on the package but one box should make 24 so i would say 2 boxes n maybe 2 things of icing :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• 2 boxes of cake mix and (to be safe) 3 containers of icing. You'll have more than 30 cupcakes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would get 2 cake mixes and 2 frostings just to be safe.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Most of the time the cake mixes will make 24 cupcakes depending on the size that u make them.
    ladyjwitt

Answer by ladyjwitt at 8:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• look at the amount servings on the back of the box
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:54 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I haven't been to the store yet so I haven't bought them so I wasn't sure
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• 1 box makes about 24 cup cakes so youll need 2 boxex and 1 large frosting container the back of the box will tell you how much it makes
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:55 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• 1 box says 24, but IMO, they're rather large cupcakes. I can easily stretch 1 box to make 30 (I use a small ice cream scoop to make sure they're the same size). 1 can of frosting will be plenty, unless you pile it on top.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Get two boxes of cake mix because at times I just get around 18 cupcakes . This way you have a few left over for any accidents someone might drop or teacher might have. As to icing I would get two as well or sometimes I use powder sugar as topping as to not to make the cupcake too sweet.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You could get 1 regular cake mix and one jiffy mix... they are smaller so you won't have many extra if they are not needed. Icing , i'm not sure, i make mine homemade so it's hard to say. If you make it homemade, you would need a stick of butter, 2lb bag of 10x sugar, about 1/4 cup of milk,,, little by little, a pinch of salt, and either 2oz. of cream cheese, or a heeping tablespoon of crisco and about a teaspoon and a half of vanilla.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011