So, you're pregnant. Do you want a medal or something? RANT!!! adult content

My workmate, a girl I was never friends with because honestly, she's a bitch, has decided that being pregnant gives her the right to treat everyone like absolute crap. She yells at everyone, has hissy fits, and acts like a grumpy 2 year old pretty much all the time. No one can stand being anywhere near her, and all the other employees have refused to work with her to the point where she actually had to be moved to a different department because the one she was in couldn't function with her there. So, she got moved to mine....Yippee. Well, I am also pregnant. I know that the world does not revolve around me and my pregnancy. Long story short, she has decided to try to report me to the manager for every little petty thing she can think of because I make her look bad. She won't get up to walk across the office to give paperwork to somebody who is busy on the phone. "I can't. I'm soooo tired. I'm pregnant." I pretty much don't sit down all day. I run around and DO MY JOB. Oh, and she is only 3 mos. pregnant and not even showing. I am 6 mos. and look 9. So far, the manager has been on my side, but if they fire her or try to get rid of her, she can bring a lawsuit against them saying they fired her because she was pregnant.

P.S. Her boyfriend left her because of her attitude as well. I don't blame the poor guy.

So, what should I do? Keep taking her crap? I have already let my stand on pregnancy be known around the office. I say I'm pregnant, so what? Women have been getting pregnant for thousands of years and will be getting pregnant for thousands more. For the record, I am not having an easy time with my pregnancy either. I have acid reflux so bad I can't lay down, I have insomnia so bad I can't sleep, I am "morning" sick all day long every day, I have trouble eating to the point where I have lost several pounds instead of gaining, my varicose veins are popping out all over the place, I have disgusting stretch marks everywhere, my boobs hurt, and so on and on. Guess what? No one in the office knows that I slept three hours last night, or that I just threw up my lunch in the company bathroom. Duh, I'm pregnant. That is what happens!!

This woman is just using her pregnancy to be a lazy slob, and I'm sick to death of it. Three of my friends have women in their offices who do the exact same thing. As soon as they tell people the are pregnant, they stop doing their job and let their work fall on everyone else. I feel like an exception to the rule. Maybe I shoulr just sit on my ass and do nothing....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You report her. Plain and simple. That gives them a reason to fire her that doesnt have to do with being pregnant, and on top of it she is being reported by another pregnant woman. Obviously you dont have an issue with her pregnancy, since well, youre pregnant too. If you see her doing anything at all wrong you report her and keep doing it until they have grounds to fire her. I am sure theyd give you a raise at this point for it lmao.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Just keep doing what you're doing. She'll get what's coming to her. If she thinks it's hard to work pregnant, she's going to have a blast when the baby finally comes and she's sleep deprived and leaking breast milk everywhere...
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 9:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• You can go to HR and have a talk, or just keep doing your job better than her and let HR take notice how bad she is. And trust me they WILL notice if they havnt already. Some people will use any excuse they can to be lazy or not have to work.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If you really want to do something, figure out how much time is wasted on a daily basis and calculate what you think the monetary loss is. Turn your written report into HR and your supervisor, inform the other coworkers you have done the same.
    Management will only see you as another bickering woman, until you 1. put it into writing and 2. Put a dollar loss on the problem. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• hmm some women handle pregnancy different i know with this pregnancy i have had a bad attitude..not on pupose though but little things just make me snap i hate it blah.. HOWEVER it does not give her the right to treat you like crap! you obvioulsy knows what she is going through if anything she should be treating you with MORE respect! I would def. talk to my boss about the situation and make sure people can defend what i say or even get the boss to catch her in the act.. Im sorry you have to deal with this mommy!!!!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know personally I was just so tired during my first pregnancy and I wasn't able to stand for more than 15 minutes without getting dizzy. I ended up having to quit because it WAS a high risk pregnancy. If she can't cut it she needs to find a new job, maybe if they keep moving her around she will get the hint or find somewhere she fits in?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Just try to chill. The manager should be noticing a pattern by now especially if he/she is siding with you so far. If her pregnancy is causing her to slack off perhaps she should be released on maternity leave. You can always snap back at her and blame it on your hormones, but that might not go over so well with your manager. Just keep doing your job (don't pick up her slack though) and ignore her as best you can. Kill her with kindness and a touch of sarcasm. "Here let me walk those papers over for you heaven forbid your water breaks from carrying soo much weight." " oh you're tired?? go lie down in the employee lounge and take a nap. I'll send the boss in to wake you." Yeah some women get that way, but like you said it's no excuse.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• honestly speaking, i was a B*tch too when i reached a particular stage in my pregnancy. BUT i controlled myself in the work place because being pregnant is never an excuse for disrespecting others. pregnancy does not justify such behaviour that ur colleague has displayed. u should report her! it's not anyone's fault but her own if she's pregnant and she can't handle it. she's lacking as a woman and she should be dealt with in a manner that's fit for a B*tch, in other words, she deserves a severe warning or to be fired.
    RSAammi

Answer by RSAammi at 9:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If her pregnancy is preventing her from doing her job in an efficient manner then they have every right to fire her. If any dissability, disorder, or otherwise limitation prevents someone from doing their job they have every right to fire that person. They cannot say "Because he was in a wheelchair he was fired", but they can word it in a way that proves that he wasn't doing his job because of his limitations. If she cannot perform her tasks, if she is distracting others, and becoming bothersome in the workplace then that in itself is a reason to fire her. You need to get a few people together, or everyone, who has this same issue with her and take it to the manager. You need to explain to them that she is preventing efficient productivity, causing the workplace to become unsettled and uneasy, and as well she isn't performing her tasks properly or at all. (If that's the case) That you all suggest that she be terminated.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would refuse to go the extra mile for her. Anything "extra" she asks of you (like wanting you to walk a report across the office for her or some other thing that isn't necessarily your job to do that you'd probably do for anyone else that asked), say no. I agree that I'd write her up when possible, just so that the office has a paper trail should they need to fire her. Even though she's pregnant, she still has to do her job, just like you do. She isn't the first pregnant woman to ever work. If she doesn't want to work, she can stay at home.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 12:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2011