Soaps are saying goodbye...what do you think will happen?

So ABC has canceled All my children and One Life To Live. They will be ending in September and January but I am curious to see if people who like watching these types of shows during the day think that they should come up with a whole new idea or what they think should fill the slots.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Entertainment

• Wow. The things you miss when you are overseas (DH is military and we are in Japan)!!! lol. I didn't know they were cancelling them... They are keeping GH, though, right? Because I"m totally addicted!
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes GH will probably be next on the chopping block. Its sad. I love All My Children.
    spagirl0426

Answer by spagirl0426 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Wow. I didn't know. I keep the soaps on while I'm working in my studio in the afternoon. I guess I'll just keep the radio on instead. It's a shame. I used to watch them from when I was little and in high school when I home sick.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Oh gosh, I have watched all my children forever, not so much now that I have kids, but bummer
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• They're down to 2 on CBS as well and I don't know the fate of the other two, but they filled the slots with a talk show and a game show.. It really wasn't a big deal, I quit watching those shows years ago.

I don't want to see Young and the Restless go, and hope they at least keep that one....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't watch them any more....but they will probably come with more talk shows or REALITY. Yeah its a reality that we all (moms) go to the country club and sit and gossip or have dinner parties that drive us insane to prepare but yet we enjoy them. While I am on my rant here.....while I don't condone teen pregnancy it happens and no we shouldn't shove them off to Aunties til its over....BUT I swear if another TEEN MOM show comes on I am going to throw the TV out the window!!! hmmmm now going to post a question....
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• different network but did Days of Our lives get the chop?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• haha I agree bry. I don't think Days did. I know that GH will be staying for now. Yeah I saw they cut a lot of CBS shows too which is funny because Reeva from GL is now on OLTL and that is getting axed lol
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I never watched either one. I used to be addicted to days of our lives but it has been years since I watched. i could care less about daytime tv. Just keep Ellen on forever.
    Jodi7273

Answer by Jodi7273 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011