Why are they cancelling All My Children? I've been watching it since I was a little girl with my mom. Its so sad!

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I heard they are cancelling One life to live also, I use to watch those shows when i was a teenager.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Because they want my days to be joyless! :((

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I do not watch that show but I feel your pain. I watched Guiding Light which was the longest running soap and it was canceled I guess it has been two years. I was so disappointed. I think that day time shows are a thing of the past. I was not able to catch every show but I like to be able to turn it on and watch every so often.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:26 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I am going to write ABC a letter. I just can't just sit here.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I know, I don't get to watch it often but those soaps are kind of like comfort food when you are home and sick. Glad to hear the world needs more talk shows. I think Susan Lucci is going to be at Betty Ford by the end of the month, I mean bad enough I remember this show from like Kindergarten but can you imagine being on it all your life?

Would it be wrong to take the day off to watch the final episode in my jammies?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• omgosh.. I did not know that! That is sad. :(
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I never miss AMC, and don't mind OLTL... I would HAPPILY see GH go! But guess which one they are keeping? Grr! This always happens! I've just come to realize that the people at ABC hate me, cause they cancel all my favorites. But I thought AMC was above it, seems not. There is seriously no reason for me to watch ABC now... No more AMC, No more OLTL, AND No more Oprah? Yeah, I have no use for ABC now... Everything else I can watch online.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:28 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I used to watch AMC with my grandmother....I've grew up with it until she died...that makes me sad. :(
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 9:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Soap operas cost a lot of money to produce. The networks want more profit.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• Well, it looks like they are replacing it with a food show.

"In their place, a Mario Batali-hosted food show called "The Chew" will premiere in September, and a health/lifestyle transformation show tentatively called "The Revolution" will premiere in January."

Just what we need more people unemployed.  =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2011