What to do .. What to do?

My older two children are one year and two years old. My oldest (Boy) loves Thomas and 'Friends', 'Dinosaur Train', and 'Super Why'. He likes to play with blocks, run around outside, and sing songs. My daughter likes 'Blue's Clues', but other then that isn't much interested in TV/Movies. She likes to run around outside, color, and play chase. Outside of those things I have been having trouble finding things to entertain them. I have let my son help me make a cake once. He enjoyed that, so we'll do that again soon. However, my daughter is soo hard to entertain. What are some things that you do with your children to help keep them entertained?

Oh, and they do play well on their own, but sometimes they just want mom's attention.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 9:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For ur daughter invest in baby enstien.....really it works
    ladyjwitt

Answer by ladyjwitt at 9:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Read? Maybe she would like a big chunky car to push around. If you can handle the noise....make a band and march around
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:10 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• *fill a big bucket (like a dishwash pan) up with soapy water and throw in some floaty toys,spoons,cups and let them play in that ...my daughter loves it and when she's done, I just mop up my kitchen floor...gets it really clean,lol
    *Throw a large blanket or sheet over a table or some chairs and make a tent play house..put some little pillows, books and other small toys in there like stuffed animals...they love crawling in and out of stuff like that(great for peek-a-boo too)
    *If its nice outside, blow some bubbles and have them "catch" them
    *Make food cloring water colors(water & food coloring) and let them paint together on a big piece of paper..this is non toxix and safe if them little one puts it in her mouth
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:29 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would read, or maybe play with bubbles outside.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Outdoors, mine love sidewalk chalk. They also have a picnic table outside and sometimes just enjoy moving snack time to the great outdoors. My youngest (20 months) just likes to play in the dirt outside. We also have a sand and water table (which we usually skip the water part) that they love to play with. And now, they have one of those little play houses outside, so they play house. (The littlest like to open and close the doors and windows and ring the doorbell.) They also like to go on walks. I push them in their stroller and point out interesting things. Inside, they like to color. They like water painting. (Small cup of water, paintbrush, and construction paper to "paint" on- keeps them busy for quite a while.) Mine also love to play with Little People. Even the youngest has gotten into imaginative play lately. They have a play kitchen they love to play with. They also love when I turn on music for a "dance party."
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 1:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Also, mine love "helping" around the house. Hand them a little handheld vacuum, sweeper, or duster and they stay busy "helping." Even a water bottle and a washcloth to help clean the windows keeps them busy.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 1:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Thanks for the great ideas, Ladies!!

Baby Einstien (sp?) will not be coming into this house. Not only do I find it seriously the most annoying children's video ever ... I don't agree that it's worth the money. Just sayin'.
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My 22 month old would play marathon peek-a-boo if I had the time LOL Seriously, never tires of it.
    since_3.18.93

Answer by since_3.18.93 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2011