Weird arm pit question adult content

I recently started using an all natural deodorant I bought off of Etsy. I have been using it for approximately 4 weeks, and I started noticing that the skin in my arm pits is all dead and crusty. I know it's gross, so i stopped using it and went back to my old drug store deodorant. Now the skin is coming off in big chunks. What can I do to get rid of all that nasty skin? Should I exfoliate?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Talk to your doctor...that just does not sound right at all....maybe you're allergic to some ingredient in the stuff you bought from Etsy and didn't know it?
    I hope you get some help with this! I would probably be scared out of my mind if something like this happened to me lol. Good luck :)
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I'm definitely not eating breakfast now! lol yea you should try that, and lotion
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Use a really good body scrub, sound like you had a reaction to the deoderant,, I am just curious, did it work, other than the reaction?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Id ex foliate. The e-bay product obviously didnt agree with your body for whatever reason. Not uncommon. It may take a few weeks for your skin to return to normal. If it keeps doing it after 10 days see a dermatologist.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Is the deodorant salt based? You dried up the area,basically your pits are jerky!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I did work, however if i used it after shaving it would kind of burn. I'm so bummed because I really want to use all natural products. Thanks for everyone's advice!
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• It's made from baking soda, shea butter, and arrowroot powder, with some essential oils thrown in.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Try LUSH deodorant. There stuff is great. Hope your skin heals up.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• maybe try not to use any deoderant on the area for about a week,use some really really good lotion and yes,i'd exfoliate.if it doesnt get any better id give doc a call.good luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2011