Best place to find a CNA job in Florida

Dh and I are new to Florida (moved here to be near family). I just got my Nursing Assistant Certification transferred to Florida and we are still trying to decide the best place in Florida for us to settle down. We love the beaches here in Daytona where my family is, but I'm having a hard time finding a CNA job. DH is not able to work so, my question is:

Where is the best place in Florida to find a Nursing Assistant (or good job period) job, near a nice beach, and not too expensive to live. Right now we rent an efficiency month-to-month across from Daytona Beach.

WE want to stay in Florida.

Buddhist_Mom75

Asked by Buddhist_Mom75 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• Look in the larger cities like Orlando, Miami, and Tampa.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:41 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• i live about 20 miles from tampa and there is lots of medical down there. about 3 hospitals, dozens of clinics and family practices. its also not too much as far as the cost of living, and the beach is a short drive over to saint petersburg. i think daytona might be higher in cost of living.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I would go to the cities your thinking about newspaper classifieds, my mom and dad live in Ladurdale by the Sea, and they love, love it, it is pretty close to FT. Lauderdale, and if you are willing to live there year round you might be able to find something pretty affordable, it is seasonal, so I am sure there are landlords who would love to have their property rented full time,, I also love Panama City, and Tampa. I just depends on how big of a place you want to go,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011