Do you ever??

feel fat if you skip a workout that you do once daily? i went from 186 to 113 so when i skip a workout which is rare i feel super fat lol..i know its all in my head so i dont sit around worrying that my hips are going to be as big as an elephant when i wake up..i just feel more motivated the next time i do my workout..is that normal for me to feel that way?

mommyof3_21

Asked by mommyof3_21 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you are doing great......its all mind over matter
    ladyjwitt

Answer by ladyjwitt at 9:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I don't know if it's normal.....but yes, I do feel "fat" if I skip a work out lol
    mna_823

Answer by mna_823 at 9:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Id say it's normal for you, but if you skip a workout then do crazy shit like vomit a meal up or skip meals to make up for it you may have an issue.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:44 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well I feel skinnier when I don't eat bad foods and am more active. So I guess thats about the same...lol.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• WOW great job mama!!! If i skip a workout i don't feel fat i just try & do twice as much the next day.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• LOL, yes I get like that too. I try to work out everyday but I know that sometimes that is an unreasonable expectation. Just tell yourself that skipping a workout here and there is OK.
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes! I started out at 167 lbs and a size 12 in Dec. 09'... within 9 months, I had lost 57 lbs and over 50"... 110 lbs and a size 0. I injured my foot running recently while in training for a 1/2 marathon and now I'm on "injured reserve". I am doctor ordered NOT to work out AT ALL for 2 weeks....this is the end of week 1... the meds made me sick so I can't take them and my foot is still in pain...one more week...that is all I keep chanting to myself. I will die if she doesn't release me next week. I'm a runner and a Beachbody coach..my life revolves around fitness, health and my family! I have gained 2 lbs back recently and while I *know* it's only water weight...it is driving me nuts that I can't work out and have it gone asap. I understand!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:20 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I feel guilty, blah and cranky if I miss a workout. I'm currently in the wind down period of training for a marathon and on my last long run (25 miles) my knee started hurting pretty bad. Knowing I'd worked too hard for 13 weeks to be stupid and continue running on it, I took it easy Mon - Wed. I did spin class which didn't hurt my knee but doesn't give me the same sweatfest as running does. By thu I felt bloated and cranky. BUT with lots of stretching icing etc my knee felt better. Normally I'd have done strength training and spin on Mon/ Wed and run 10 miles on Tue, so I really scaled back an felt like crap! So yeah, I hate messing with my workout schedule!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011