Karma is a bitch..Long but I really needed to vent.

My husband and I ended up moving in with my mother in law because she lost her husband a year prior and wanted someone to be with her so she wasn't alone. Well for the 3 months we lived there it was like living in literal hell. She would bitch about everything. I threw away some salad dressing that was 5 years old and she yelled and screamed at me because she was still using it. We couldn't use any of her food. If we used her salt she would throw a fit. If I cooked my daughter chicken nuggets she would start cussing up a storm about how the house smelled like a taco truck. She got so drunk one night she and my husband got in an arguement and she spit in his face. My husband told her to call down and she told my husband " I don't suck your dick so u can't tell me what to do". She would bring strange guy home one night and I found him snorting cocaine in my bathroom. We couldn't just leave because we had nowhere to go. My husband just lost his job and I just started a job so we had no finances what so ever. Trust me I wanted to leave so bad. Anyway back to the story. One night my husband and her got in another arguement and she told us we had to be out the next day (12 hours later). We planned on going to my moms but it was gonna take about a week. The next day my husband is packing all our crap so we can get out of there. So my husband is cooking lunch for my daughter she come home and turns the breaker off on him and takes the food off the stove and throws it away. She told him that she said we had to be out now and called the cops. My husband asked her how she could kick her granddaughter on the streets and she said she doesn't give a shit about her granddaughter. We had to pack everything we possibly could in 30 minutes and leave. We came back the next day while she was at work to get the rest of our stuff. She broke our computer, threw all of our food in the freezer, and threw all of our dirty dishes on our basket of clean clothes. We also had a bunch of our stuff in her storage. She took our name off the storage and changed the locks so we couldn't get any of our stuff. Well we now live with my mom. We finally got our stuff out of her storage after about a month after I threatened to sue. She called my husband about a month ago saying she really needed his help. My husband never answered the phone but found out later that she got drunk one night at a bar, hit a car and the guy in the car got lifeflighted. I believe the guy was okay but she lost her job and is now fixing to be homeless. She calls my husband all the time saying she loves him or saying that she wants him to come over. Never once has she apologized. My husband has yet to pick up her phone calls and as far as he's concerned my mother is his mother and wants nothing to do with his mom. All I can say is karma is a bitch. You treat people like they are shit and it will come back on you twice as hard. Sorry I really had to vent.....

Eisleysmommy27

Asked by Eisleysmommy27 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• WOW. I'm sorry you guys had to go through all that! You're right, Karma is a bitch.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Karma gets you 3 times for what you do to others. DONT give that crazy MIL from hell ANY help!! I love it when Karma gets people!! Thanks! You made my day brighter. Hope things get better for you!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sick...
    That's the first word that came to mind. That woman has issues.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:53 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• WOW,,,, well what is going to happen to the house? I have a feeling she is going to jail, so perhaps she would be willing to sign the house over to you all? IDK but I would stay the heck away from her forever!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• oh wow, I'm so sorry you and your family had to go through that. I don't blame him a bit, she doesn't deserve your help after what she did to your family. GL with everything!
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Wow that woman is crazy, & I agree with you Karma is a bitch and when you treat others badly for no reason it will come back to you..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:58 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, yes it does. Just make sure you stick to your guns,cuz it sounds like to me she has more than a drinking problem. Stick to your guns so that your not sucked back into her whrilwind of drama. She needs to learn a few grown up lessons but you & your family doesnt need to pay for it as well. Stay clear..Mother-in-law or not. If she gets help then resume your relationship, but in a health way. That does not mean at your expense or at the end of her bi-polar type tantrums. My prayers go with the gentleman she hit & his family And your family too! Hugs & Good Luck!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 9:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yup, Karma is a bitch. Sounds like a Jerry Springer show.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Your husband is doing the right thing. So sorry to hear you and your daughter had to go through that! Hope things are much better now!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011