Is your dh/so a slob?

I am having such a hard day. I am pregnant and my 2 year old and I have been sick for a week so my house is a disaster. My husband makes it so much worse. He will take out the garbage if I ask him to, and do simple chores but he thows his stuff all over the place, and leaves everything filthy. He has become such a slob that he hasn't even been flushing the toilet. I really feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown because there is nothing I can do but clean up after everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• A little bit, yeah. But he does so many other things for me that I don't complain about picking up his clothes he leaves on the floor, or rinsing out his sink where he leaves the little hairs after he shaves, etc. He's such a good dad and provider that I overlook the little things.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, my husband is a complete slob who manages only to dress himself and drive to work. Otherwise he does nothing. Trash? Lawn? haha, not even. I just deal with it but then again my kids are older than yours. With a 2 yr old and new baby coming you really need to ask him to help out with his messes more. Tell him your mental state depends on it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I feel your pain. My husband will do things if I ask him to...small things lol. And he does it when he feels like it, not when I ask. I love the man to death and he tries to do other things for me, but helping me with the house (or the kids' homework, ect.) is not his strong point. I often feel like I'm left to do everything alone, but I remind myself that isn't entirely true and I've accepted the fact that I just have to ask for his help instead of him just noticing that I need it and giving it freely. It still annoys me at times, but I'd rather ask for his help than to sit and seethe because he's being lazy while I'm handling everything. It just makes things worse when I do that, lol.
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 10:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes. While he does clean up sometimes, he still drives me crazy. He leaves his dishes lying around and rarely puts his clothes away. The most annoying thing is that he never hangs his towel back up in the bathroom. He just leaves them on the bedroom floor. Ahh, thanks for letting my vent a little lol

Oh well, I take the good with the bad. At least he makes me happy :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yeah. I just put up with it most of the time. I love him very much and he's such a great guy otherwise. He works real hard at work. He goes even if he's deathly sick or his back is killing him & kick ass while there. He's awesome to my son and treats him like he's his own. What truly gets on your nerves, discuss with him. The rest just put up with. ya know ?? With two young kids, he should be helping out a little bit. What works me for is "Hey I need to straighen up, do you mind helping?" I just recently started that since I've been recovering from surgery. As for his old recipts & pockets full of coins that appear on the dresser, I placed a tiny trash can beside the dresser and a jar on top with coins in it to show him what it was for. It worked without saying a word to him!! My mom taught me to do that kinda stuff, lol my ex used to do that too & I went off on him after a bit. LOL Pick & choose your battles!! Good Luck Hun!
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My hubs is clean and tidy. I would never be able to live with someone that was messy..not my thing.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Ohhh do I understand how you feel honey! I got preggers with my twins 3 months after my dd was born. My dh is a first class slob. It doesnt seem to bother him how dirty the house is or how bad it looks. I was put on bed rest once I hit 5 months, and it was not good. Plates were piled up in the sink, laundry piled everywhere, his clothes were thrown all over the floor (pretty much where ever he happend to be standing when he decided to change was where they were tossed), mud was tracked all over the place from his boots, trash wasnt taken out like it should have been, the bathroom.... Ugggg. I shudder just remembering. IT was aweful! It finally got to the point where I told him if he didnt start helping me clean up, I was gonna drag myself up from the bed and do it myself, and if we lost the babies it would be his fault for being such a pig. I think he got the point, cause he started hoeing out the place.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2011