Would you ever knowingly buy a dog from a puppy mill?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 10:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Pets

• No. However, I would never BUY a dog. It's the "for profit" animal market that is at the root of the puppy mill problem! Adopt! Rescue! Don't Buy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope. Never.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:14 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Never!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Unless I had the money to buy every animal that mill housed just to save them, never. And since I know that will never happen....
    On a similar note...those animals need to be saved like so many others, but it makes it difficult when buying a puppy from a mill only funds the mill and allows them to keep doing what they do. It's disgusting. Poor babies... :(
    SpiffySnaps

Answer by SpiffySnaps at 10:19 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• A puppy mill and a breeder are two different things. I would buy from a breeder if i got to see where the dog had lived and actually pick out my own puppy from their living area.
    A puppymill is that nasty house that has 700 dogs crammed into one area, poop stuck to their fur, the smell of urine strongly stuck on them and other issues. I will not buy a dog that has been abused. I would much rather call someone to report the animals unfit conditions and adopt one from the shelter later
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:17 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Yes, THANK YOU Sabrina, you are right. I think it's digusting that people disguise themselves as breeders and try to sell puppy mill dogs.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• @zoejains - sometimes it isn't that clear cut. I have heard of puppy mills that have a fake "showroom", where the dogs are clean and disease free. The people are told they can come back later and pick up their pup, only to be given a dog from the actual mill part of the operation.
    KateShesGreat3

Comment by KateShesGreat3 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Apr. 15, 2011