The big 3 return to Washington

Tomorrow the Big 3 return to Washington and are suppose to have a plan for how to spend the 25 billion they are asking for. I also saw that Pelosi says a stimulus plan costing about 500 billion or more will be ready for Obama to sign in January. Today the market dropped almost 700 points. A recession was officially announced. How many are still in favor of the Big 3 bailout and the banks and whoever else gets in line. Keep in mind that the stimulus package is not going to include a check for you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• who knows what the American government should do anymore i don't think they even know what to do and they just keep trying to find a band aide for a gun shot wound.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• If they don't get the money, that means more unemployment and the possiblity that we will have more foreign cars made elsewhere. If they don't get a bailout, then perhaps, we can get a foreign country to bail them out. They have bought other U.S. debt as well, so this wouldn't be the first time.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 10:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• They need to bring the union rep. with them, and let him tell the US Government that $70 an hour is "just about right" for salaries, and they refuse to take any less. That ought to go over like a lead balloon.
    Anonymous

• I still maintain that they should let the Big 3 fall. I live in the Metro-Detroit area...it would directly impact my area and some of my family, but the bailout is only a temporary fix and I guarentee that they'll be back in less than 5 years with more issues asking for more money. Chrysler was already bailed out less than 10 years ago...and look where it got them...
    As for the stimulus package...what a joke. Is it really going to help anything? And, it's just more money they're going to deduct from tax refunds.
    Personally, I think they need to do like the Ancient Romans and Greeks and wipe everyones debt and start over.
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I am a fairly liberal Democrat and I am totally against the "Big 3" bailout. We can't bailout the entire country. We are horrendously in debt and trying to save a dying industry which has glutted itself on very large union wages is NOT the answer. Sometimes, you have to "bite the bullet," and simply reap what has been sown.
    jorash

Answer by jorash at 10:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I can hardly wait to hear their proposals. *eye roll*

I hope they come up with something that will work, but I still think that Chapter 11 is necessary for them to restructure the business so that it will work for the long haul, not just until their bailout money runs out.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i think its bs, why dont they turn on the money machine a little more, and everyone would be happy seriously they made it this way ...greed and corruption, they even have to control time, *daylight savings* everything to them is money, and greed!

Anonymous