You're the wealth? AND How much do you have to make be considered middle-class?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• according to the government... 200K for an individual or 250K for a household is wealthy. 20K for an individual or 30K for a household is poverty. anything in between is middleclass
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• to me a person is middle class if all the bills are paid, kids dressed in clean nice clothes (even if they come from thrift stores cause lets face it you can get awesome stuff there) and there is money in a savings with maybe a little left over for family outings or date night.
    wowguildmomma

Answer by wowguildmomma at 10:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I have no idea, I live BELOW poverty. It will be a long time before I am in the middle class. But, it depends on your family size. Middle class can be over $40,000 a year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Middle class income depends on family size and where you live. We're a family of 7 living in Raleigh NC - here I think middle class for our family is between 75-150K.

Answer by missanc at 10:35 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• All I can tell you is that I'm NOT even CLOSE to middle class. I'm a family of 4 living below the poverty level of a family of 2. Our bills are paid (barely), we have food on the table, and a roof over our house. Nothing is fancy, but we have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011