How to git rid of ROACHES??? Ugh!

First of all, I do NOT live nasty, so please don't even go there. I have NEVER had roaches, not once. Ever! We moved to these apartments about 3 months ago, and I NEVER saw one single bug! THEN after we were here for about 3 or 4 weeks, a bug sprayer came in our apartment and sprayed bug spray. That very day, we started getting lady bugs and later that week ROACHES! It is so gross, and no matter how much I clean and scrub, and I don't leave food out, I just can't get rid of them! The bug sprayer comes every month, and it just seems like it gets worse everytime he comes... Does he bring them with him or WHAT?? It's freaking me out. But the wierd part is that they are almost never in the kitchen...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Roaches are water bugs, so get the roach baits and the roach gel, and put them where ever you have water. around the sink pipes, behind the toilet, you can some times hide them next to the faucet, pending on what type of stuff you like to have next to the faucet. I use to keep a decorative oil lamp about 6 inches away from my sink, and I hid it under that, where they could find it. Roaches are a downside to some apartments. Make sure to also let your land lord know that you have roaches, and so that way they can keep up on a strict schedule to also spray for the roaches, and leave a note for the exterminator to leave your balcony or window open just a little so that way your apartment is aired out before you get home, and just make it a point to have a day out of the apartment the day he sprays, so that way your not exposed to the fumes at all.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:23 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• CONT'D...

I always see them in the bathroom or hallway, and every once in awhile in the kitchen. One of them tried to get in my baby's room last night, and now it's the final straw bc I don't want them in there! (Even though she's not born yet). HELP!!!
    Anonymous

• they have bombs at wal mart and my mom had to bomb a few times over a period of a month to get rid of them. its so frustrating i know, my mom keeps a very clean house but lives next to nasty ppl and when they moved out the roaches move into my mom's place
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:27 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• the best thing for roaches is the gel. you put it around t he house and the bug love the taste of it. they eat it and then go back to the nests to die and infect all of the other bugs. When I was younger we lived in a house that was infested with them. My dady tried everything til he discovered this within a couple weeks all the bugs were gone
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• What kind of gel are you talking about? Is it a bug-killer thing? What's it called?
    Anonymous

• I would first off complain to the apt manager and tell him exactly what you put up on the post...And then I would take matters into my own hands and do a roach bomb. You cannot be in the home for a few hours and it should take care of the problem for a while. You cant help how other people in the building live but at least you can subside the roaches temporarily until you do the bomb again. I know its a pain in the butt...Good Luck!!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I wouldn't use chemical "bombs", they aren't the healthiest choice especially around a pregnant woman. What I would use is borax powder, it's the same stuff you find in the laundry detergent section of the store, Mule Team or something like that?! It works great for all pests, roaches ants fleas, whatever. Take the powder and just sprinkle it all over your carpets and along the crevices around the floor trim, I throw some behind the stove and appliances as well. It's not harmful to pets or humans, but pests will walk in it and eat it and it basically dehydrates and kills them, no odors no toxins! I live in Florida and I don't care how clean you are, you get roaches, the big ole flying palmetto suckers! YUCK!!!!!! (those send me screaming , quite amusing to my boys)
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:36 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Sounds like the roaches have built up a tolerance to the pesticide. That can/will happen after repeated exposure to the same product.,. the pesticide doesn't work like it used to and then they have to use MORE or try a stronger product. Sad really, but that's why roaches have been around as long as they have... resilient little things.. Be careful if you do decide to use Borax. The product kills every living cell in comes in contact with. That includes the cells on your own body.

If I were you I would get out of that apt. if possible. I wouldn't fear the roaches as much as all the toxins in your living quarters.
    Anonymous