WHAT can i use except for bleach to wash my godson blankets?

Hey,Moms my godson is 3 months old i always play with him on the floor with his jungle gym i weny out an bought blankets and we have carpet.I want to wash them and i want them to smell good but most important sanitary i just don't want to use bleach or alternative.HELP.Thank You.

MSDIMOM

Asked by MSDIMOM at 10:30 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Just wash them in hot water with Dreft and dry them in the dryer. It will kill the bacteria and allergens they may have picked up.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• A mild laundry soap or really any laundry soap. By that age, I was using whatever laundry soap I used for my clothes. I bought 2 bottles of Dreft and when it ran out, that was when I used regular.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Vinegar and your usual detergent.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Use your regular detergent, and wash them on hot water,, as long as they are colorfast it will do the job! Extra rinse to make sure all of the soap is out!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:33 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Purex free and clear works wonders and is free of dyes and fragrances. It is perfect for babies sensitive skin.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 10:36 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Dreft
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Agree with CraftingMama.

Don't waste your money on Dreft. Your usual laundry detergent is good enough.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Forgot to add that you can add an equal amount of baking soda to how much laundry detergent you used.

Hope that makes sense. :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 15, 2011