Hey was it hard for you moms with adult kids,when they left the nest?

If yes please explain why.Thank you:)

MSDIMOM

Asked by MSDIMOM at 10:39 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• It was hard when they went to college - but I coped. I saw them often, called a lot, text them and facebooked them.
    When they moved out of town (one moved to UK) I worried a lot more, saw them less but called text and facebooked them.
    When my son got married in UK I cried because I had lost my son to another woman. I see him 1-2 times a year, call sometimes, text sometimes.
    When my oldest daughter moved out of state to New York last month I was happy and excited for her. I cried. Then I started to ache inside to see her, hug her and I cried a lot. I am crying now. I miss her so much. I am still happy and excited for her. We talk most days, text every day, Skype, Facebook and I plan to see her soon before my heart breaks...
    The youngest daughter has sworn an oath to never ever leave the state! If she tries I will lock her in her room LOL
    I love being a Mom and will be there whether it is 5,000, 900 or just 60 miles away!
    TexBrit2012

Answer by TexBrit2012 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 18, 2011

• Hell NO! The day my youngest (and last) finally moved out was awesome! I had friends over and could enjoy myself for the first time in 28 years! There were no teenages hanging around, asking for money or rolling their eyes at everything the adults said... It was outstanding!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I hated to see my oldest daughter leave, but she calls and visits often. The second one was easier and now I am counting the days until the youngest leaves. LOL
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Nope, what was hard is when they chose to move to another state.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:40 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I didnt want my kids to leave, Ill admit it. It was only hard because were all close and I am used to yelling for one of them when I see something on the news, or get a call, so I would call for them and they werent here. BUT my dd is 21 and has her 18 yr old brother living with her and her two kids about 5 minutes from me. So it isnt like I have to go far to see them, and they come over everyday.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Very hard, I missed them and knew that they would come back from school but would not stay long. Nothing stays the same and I miss that.

Answer by older at 12:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Only planning dinner for 2 was hard for me. I was so happy they went to college and moved out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• when my daughter left for College I was a bit sad but noticed how much Saved in food and the drama stopped it was nice to have her on her own and have her call me and ask for advice on things...I love helping her along as she gets more and more used to her freedom.
    Now my next door neighbor had her son leave for college and she cannot bear to be home because he just isn't there anymore, I mean she is just crushed at the thought she has the house to herself
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 11:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Most of my stress disappeared when the last one left. I was thrilled they were grown and ready to be independent. They are all doing well and I'm getting to live the life I've always wanted to live (for myself).

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2011

• my kids arent old enough yet... but i remember when I moved ( i was already married with a baby) .... she kept bribing me to stay ..... and now she kepts talking about us finding a house big enough for all of us ( meaning us plus her) .... I kind of miss living with her, so I am considering it lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 9:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2011