Another CPS question.

I posted a few weeks ago about CPS showing up and proceeding to doing a full investigation. It's now almost a month later and I finally broke down and called them on Wednesday to see if they needed anything else. (Kind of hoping they'd say everything was fine and we'd never hear from them. Lol) The case worker said everything was finished and we should be getting a letter. So... Is that good or bad? I'm just wondering if anyone knows. Maybe someone else has gone through the same thing... I'm looking for some peace of mind. Right now I can't even sleep because I'm constantly worried they're going to be showing back up unnanounced, and take my child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• The letter should state the case is closed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• If it has been a month and you have not had them knocking on your door taking your kids, I would say all is good. CPS is so overworked and understaffed that an investigation that should take a day or 2, take longer. As long as you cooperate and have nothing to worry about, you should be just fine.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Sounds to me like the case has been closed. And the letter will tell you what the finding were if any. If they were to keep the case open, she would have told you how they were going to proceed...press charges/court. Doesn't seem you have anything to worry about, all has been done and you shouldn't have to be bothered by them anymore.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Letter is usually good, and the case is closed if anything was wrong they would've been back by now.
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I agree with the above..if they found something detramental they would have came back already..they usually go mess around when its something serious.
    melsa30

Answer by melsa30 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't worry , easier said then done, normally they would be back on a weekly visit if they found something so sounds like your case is closed
    Raingae

Answer by Raingae at 9:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2011