Has something happened in your life that you should let go of but cannot seem to?

I had a falling out with a neighbor. At first, we were cordial but he started getting too invasive with me. He tickled me once, he constantly wanted to know who I was seeing. I was uncomfortable but I didn't say anything. He's married and I hadn't met his wife yet.
I spoke up months later but I'm more angry with myself for not nipping it in the bud. We don't speak now and I'm not concerned about how him.

I just hate myself for not standing up for myself sooner. I can't get over it. I know that it's not healthy but I don't know how to get past it.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I've had situations where I've felt that same way. I tell myself it was a lesson to be learned and now I've learned from it and it would not happen again. I think it gives me some release.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Getting teased and tormented throughout school ruined my self-esteem. I can't seem to get it back no matter what I do.
    davesbaby

Answer by davesbaby at 11:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Well, my ex left me after 10 years and 2 kids. In 2008, we were three months away from finalizing our divorce and his father died. I went to the funeral. My ex's family all treated me like a piece of $#!t. Some of them refused to acknowledge me at all, and one told me in no uncertain terms NOT to sit near them. I ended up sitting in the back by myself like a dog. I don't think I'll ever get over that. Never been treated so badly in my life.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 3:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2011