I NEED HELP Going to pull my hair out and cry in a corner!!

I have two kids. One who is 6 tomorrow and one who will be 3 next month. but out of NO where my kids have did a 360 and i don't know who they are! Not listening fighting screaming hitting spiting...anything under the sun they prolly have done it. I can't handle it anymore. We have taken away all their toys to all they have is their dresser and bed in their room. I don't know what to do now...they are obviously don't care that we have taken everything away like they really could care less! I'm a younger stay at home mom that is lost and needs some help and advice! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

LovesLife982

Asked by LovesLife982 at 10:50 AM on Apr. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I suggest distraction. SOmetimes, the whole family gets in a rut. The kids stress you out, and your stress stresses them out, and it escalates into a whirlwind.

Take a deep breath, think of something fun for the three of you to do to break the rut.

especially since this is something new and recent . . . all three of you need some distraction and fun.

We do that over here when my kids and I start to whirl around, and it really helps reset things.

Hugs mama . . . i hope you guys can do something fun today.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2011

• Put them in different rooms and until they resolve their issues,early bedtimes and no t.v. the 6 y/o should know better. Needs to get time outs and also not too young for chores. The little one,stand in a corner everytime the fighting starts.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:04 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• My lo is 3, almost 4. He teases his brother (who is 9) constantly. He'll snatch the book he's reading or a toy he has. He throws things at him or will dive on him. Then of course his brother will retaliate. I usually send them to their rooms and they'll calm down. Some times we go out side for them to burn off some energy or drive to the park to walk. We have behavior charts for other things, but I've never tried it with this. Maybe they could earn stickers that add up to bigger rewards. (Dollar tree items, watch a favorite movie you save especially for good behavior). If they have nothing else to lose, what's the point following the rules?
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2011

• He has Chores and they get time outs! If we let them they could sit in time out all night long its not a big deal to them! The little one does corners an time outs to.
    LovesLife982

Comment by LovesLife982 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Apr. 15, 2011

• im a 23 year old mama with a 5 year old little boy and he is just the same as your 2 kids--so i feel your pain hun--he has beaten the hell out of me because of his dad,he has thrown things at my head and he has blacked my eyes before....he has said things that would make a grown man cry like a baby....he has spit on me,punched me,tried to push me down a flight of stairs when i had a broken arm,kicked me so hard i had bruises,he has tried to stab me with a pencil and a fork...........its hard to handle,but somedays are better than others!! it will get easier as they get older....i know you are probably saying to yourself,"how would you know,you only have one child".........well i know because ive seen it happen with my 2 little cousins,ive seen it with my 2 brothers,my uncles 3 kids,i have seen it happen!! it will get better but you have to be strong mama....get your big voice out and make them stop!!! i know you can do it.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 9:55 AM on Apr. 17, 2011

• make a "good boy/girl chart"....
    i have one for my son and he loves it!! it took him a while to get used to it but he loves it....at the end of the chart he gets to go to the store and pick out a toy or something....it has chores on it and it also has other things on it like:get a bath,brush teeth,put toys away,help with the dog/cat,no whining/crying,eat all your food,stuff like that....he gets a sticker for each thing he does......if he doesnt do it then he gets an "X"..............he also helps cook,it keeps him busy and happy.........he helps clean the house because it gets rid of the germs....that chart has helped him become a better child....he still has his days where all hell breaks loose but its a rare occation anymore.....im sure you're a smart mommy,you can come up with something,just be strong,dont let them get to ya!! remember to breathe....and remember that they are your babies,and you love them....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2011